Comments will be open on the majority of my posts. I use Disqus to moderate comments. Disqus provides many options to create a profile, or you may comment as a Guest.
Not all comments will publish automatically. I have set up Disqus so that any comments from Guests or with links embedded must be approved by me first.
Below are both a few general guidelines and a few strict rules. However, as sole proprietor of this blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment as necessary. I will also block Disqus accounts who are not engaging in good faith.
Comment Guidelines & Rules
- Read the entire blog post before commenting.
- If you are confused about terminology or a reference to my life, see if I included a link within the text before asking questions. If I did not include links for further information, ask away!
- Swearing is allowed to express feeling, but not to insult me or another person.
- Stick to the topic in the blog post at hand. If you need to contact me about something else, I have a page for that!
- Be respectful to me and to other readers. If you insult my husband or my marriage, you will be blocked.
- No hate speech. This includes misogyny, homophobia, racism, and more. Yes, I get to decide how those are defined.
- I will not tolerate rape apologia.
I enjoy hearing other opinions. I love passionate discussions. I welcome your disagreement. I want to hear your thoughts, your questions, your suggestions! But I also expect everyone to comment with courtesy.
Just so we’re clear, I’m not an idiot. I can tell when you’re trying to engage with me genuinely. I can also tell when you’re just trying to use my comment section for your own soapbox, or when you’re dismissing what I write without actually presenting a reason for your disagreement. I am not obliged to engage with the latter or even allow you to continue commenting.
Please contact me if you have any questions.