Many years ago, I attempted my own 101 Things in 1001 Days. Unfortunately, I was a bit too ambitious. I did manage to cross a few things off my list, like Dan’s proposal and my fleur-de-lis tattoo. But I have no idea why I thought I could edit and revise my best college papers without access to an academic library… While working full-time. In fact, during 10 months of those 1001 days, I was working 2 jobs.
I love how many bloggers do age-specific challenges. I just turned 28 a few months ago. I feel like 30 before 30 is a reasonable bucket list.
If any of these look familiar, a few of them overlap with my Do-Over Bucket List.
So what do I hope to do by my 30th birthday?
- Go to France with Dan
Go to Disney World and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter(Done! October 17-25, 2015) Spend Christmas with Dan in Greenwood(Done! Christmas 2015) Go to Savannah with Dan(Done! September 25-27, 2015. Read the recap!)
- Visit all of the vineyards along Georgia’s Wine Highway
- Go to Charleston with Dan
- Discover Atlanta
Visit Harry and Celia in Charlotte(Done! January 31, 2016)
2015 has not been the best year for my family. My mom entered hospice care at the beginning of June and died on July 13th. But I am grateful for how the people of Greenwood, not to mention family and friends worldwide, all reached out to love us. Thank you #GreenwoodSC for being there when my family needed you most. #PrayersHealingLeeLong #belleblog #UptownGreenwood
- Finish my mom’s book and self-publish it
- Write my first Kindle Single
- Sell 1,000+ books
Attend a blog conference(Done! Maidae Mixer, October 4, 2015)
- Mentor someone
Launch my own business website(Done! Check out Brita Media)
- Host or co-host a Twitter chat
- Give a talk or presentation
Create my own 30-day blog or social media challenge(Done! #LoveBlog, February 2016) Write for xoJane(Done! March 31, 2016)
- Go viral (for me, at least 1,000 social shares)
- Throw (another) Harry Potter party (okay, so I’ve thrown three already)
- Host a dinner party
- Complete a 2K race (yeah, I’m not sure I could do more than that, but 5K is my stretch goal)
- Send out 50 handwritten notes, letters, or postcards
- Read 10+ nonfiction books (2/10: It Starts with Food, Out of Order)
- Attend an important/upscale social event
- Plant herbs other than basil and mint
- Create a butterfly garden
Try Whole30(Done! January 2016. Check out my recaps!)
- Drink real champagne (not sparkling wine)
- Throw myself a fabulous birthday party
Do you have a bucket list, or a birthday goals list? Share a link in the comments!