With less than six months of running Belle Brita, I’m humbled when other bloggers recognize me. In the last few weeks, two bloggers have nominated me for blogging awards. Erin from TexErin in SyndneyLand recently nominated me for the Liebster Award, which is a way to meet new bloggers. My friend Dana from As Told By Dana nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
Both awards encourage bloggers to share a few things about ourselves, so I’m combining the two into one post.
For the Liebster Award, I answer 11 questions asked by Erin. I then nominate 11 bloggers with 200 followers or less, and they answer my 11 questions.
For the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, I share 7 facts about myself, and then I nominate 15 other bloggers.
For both awards, I thank the awesome people who nominated me, and I link back to their blogs! MERCI BEAUCOUP, Erin and Dana!
1. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday is my favorite holiday! It’s not formally recognized yet, but just wait until I accomplish world peace.
2. If you could spend a week by yourself (no travel companion, just you) anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. You can only have one of the following totally materialistic items; which one would it be? The house of your dreams, the car of your dreams, the wardrobe of your dreams?
The house of my dreams! Just the right space to share with Dan, our friends, and family.
4. Do you blog most often during the day or at night?
At night. I blog a bit before work each morning, but I mostly blog after work.
5. Coffee or Tea?
I’m a huge tea drinker. I abhor coffee.
6. You are forced to give up two of the following; which do you keep? Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram?
I keep Facebook. I LOVE Twitter for expressing my thoughts and keeping up with current events, but Facebook lets me keep up with my loved ones.
7. Bath or Shower?
Bath with my homemade lavender bath salts.
8. What’s your favorite (something visual that involves admiring other people’s talents) concert, or musical, or play, or painting?
La Salle de Danse by Degas.
9. Cats or Dogs?
Neither. I’m allergic to them both.
10. You kill an hour in front of your television. You watch reality tv, a drama, a documentary, a comedy?
If I’m watching one show in an hour, then a drama. If I’m watching two shows in an hour, a comedy.
11. Do you dance, sing, or play a musical instrument?
I took ten years of tap and jazz lessons. I would love to take dance classes again. My voice is good enough for community theatre.
1. I was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease when I was only 8 years old, and my pediatric gastroenterologist said I had probably gone 2-3 years undiagnosed at that point.
2. Dan and I had a small wedding with our parents and siblings only followed by three wedding receptions.
3. I have lived in eight houses/apartments in six cities in three countries in the last five years.
4. Dan and I met on OKCupid!
5. My one party trick is that I can touch my tongue to my nose.
6. To the ladies: you are probably wearing the wrong size bra, and you have Victoria’s Secret and department stores to blame. I’m a hobby bravangelist. Let me help you find the right bra!
7. Brita is NOT pronounced like the water filter. It’s bree-tuh. I’m named for both of my grandmothers.
Since I received these awards within a few weeks of each other, I’m just passing on the Very Inspiring Blogger Award to 10 other bloggers. I love that the Liebster Award focuses on smaller bloggers, but I want to recognize a few who have more than 200 followers.
Kiersten at She is Fierce is like the John Tesh of the blogosphere with information for your life. She also co-hosts the F-Word, my favorite blog link-up!
Elle at The Lady Errant is the mysterious writer draped in black who we all secretly want to be. She’s the other co-host of the F-Word.
I basically just want to hang out with Jess at Jessica Lynn Writes and let her cook for me while I play with her daughter. Our husbands would be in the other room playing with Legos.
I have been friends with Lola for… two years now? She’s so awesome and feminist and artsy and smart that I can’t imagine a time when I wasn’t following her on Twitter or reading her blog, Living Here.
I have been friends with Betsy for slightly longer, since she “introduced” me to Lola. Betsy Transatlantically is exactly what I aspire to be like in a lifestyle blog, the perfect blend of marriage insights, religious reflections, fashion inspiration, random musings, and feminism. Her Twitter account is more of the same excellence.
Amanda from Rhyme and Ribbons actually found me online a few years ago, and I’ve adored her ever since. She’s an ex-pat in London with an adorable British boyfriend. Warning: her blog will inspire both hunger and wanderlust. Her Instagram feed is just a steady stream of beauty and perfection.
Carolynn from Kitty Adventures is on my sidebar! (She offers an awesome ad swap if anyone is interested). She is one of the most honest and vulnerable bloggers I read. I love having her as my friend.
Kiki at In Its Time gets totally real about her faith and hosts The Circle, a themed monthly link-up to build community.
Casey from We Took the Road Less Traveled has a heart for Christ, her husband, and adventure. I’m so excited for her next big thing: the launch of her travel agent career!
I hope you’ll consider following some of these amazing bloggers! I can’t wait to see what facts they share about themselves.